Home -> Key Information -> Admissions
We follow Birmingham Local Authority’s guidelines for admission to nursery schools.
Goodway Nursery School is a Local Authority maintained Nursery school offering up to 152 part-time places of 15 hours per week.
3 year olds are entitled to a free part time place of 15 hours for every child from the beginning of the term following their third birthday.
15 hours of Early Education for 2 year olds is available to children whose families meet certain criteria (set out below).
Working parents of 3 and 4 year olds may be entitled to 30 hours of free childcare (according to the criteria below).
We offer wraparound care between 8am and 4pm.
We also offer fee paying places to ‘top up’ free nursery provision.
- Monday 9.00am – 3.00pm, Tuesday 9.00am – 3.00pm and Wednesday 9.00am-12.00pm
- Wednesday 12.30pm-3.30pm, Thursday 9.00am – 3.00pm and Friday 9.00am – 3.00pm
Working parents of 3 and 4 year olds may be entitled to 30 hours of free childcare
- 9.00am-3.00pm each day
Early Birds & Barn Owls wraparound care:
8.00am – 4.00pm
30 HOUR FREE CHILDCARE CRITERIA 3-4 YEAR OLDS
Working parents of 3 and 4 year olds may be entitled to 30 hours of free childcare.
The 30 hours free childcare is only for 38 weeks of the year, not 48 weeks.
This is equivalent to school term times.
The eligibility for the 30 hour free childcare is:
- Your child will have their 3rd birthday before the end of the term prior to admission.
- Both parents must be working – or if you are a single parent, then you must be working.
- Each parent earns, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage.
- Parents must have an annual income of less than £100,000.
- You live in England.
If one parent of the couple isn’t working, or both parents are not working then the family will still be eligible for their free 15 hours. However if one parent isn’t working because they are an official carer (e.g. receiving benefits relating to being a carer) or they are receiving disability benefits, and the other parent is working, the government has stated it “intends to make provision“ to support these families.
You will also be eligible if you are self-employed or on a zero hour contract, as long as you earn at least the equivalent of 16 hours at the National Minimum Wage.
If you think you may be entitled to the free 30 hours then please complete the 30 hours application form and return it to Goodway Nursery School as soon as possible, so that we can reserve your free 30 hour place.
2 YEAR OLD 15 HOURS OF EARLY EDUCATION CRITERIA
15 hours of Early Education for 2 year olds is available to children whose families meet one of the following thresholds:
- Universal credit.
- Income support.
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (If you are unable to work due to illness or a disability).
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The Guarantee element of the State Pension Credit; or Child Tax Credit, provided they have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
- Working Tax Credits (including those in receipt during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work fewer than 16 hours per week) with a household income of less than £16,190 as assessed by HMRC.
- The child has a current statement of special educational needs or an Education, health and Care plan.
- The child is in receipt of the Disability Living Allowance.
- The child is looked after by their local authority (LAC).
- The child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order.
FEE PAYING PLACES
- This can be used to ‘Top up’ a part time 15 hour place to create a Full time place.
- 3-4 year old place £85 per 15 hours.
- 2-3 year old place £85 for 15 hours.
To register your child please follow the link below. Once registered, the nursery will be in contact when processing admissions for the next school year.
If you would like more information or help with the registration, please contact the school office on 0121 464 3078.